Sunday, October 16, 2005

Outfoxed

Wow, this blog is old already...
Have I told you that I am now teaching Mass Media and Popular Culture? This class is really challenging for me because the 100-level classes are the hardest to teach. Marilyn told me that I am setting up the base for the freshmen to continue their study with a critical thinking. Oh what a burden!
Last Thursday, I showed them half of "Outfoxed". Well, being an Indonesian, for me to watch that movie is not directly affecting my self-identity. However, I am concern if there are Republicans in my class, they may feel that the movie attacked them. I should tell them again in the next class that maybe the movie was telling us about how Republicans and Democrats were portrayed in FOX news, but this is only a case study how a news media is slanted because of the concentration of ownership.
Maybe this Tuesday I will lecture something about Gramsci's hegemony, since it was assigned for last Thursday. Judy Wittner will be reviewing my class next Tuesday and I'm a bit nervous. There's so much to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home